Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to search folders on onedrive from within Files app

Within the OneDrive app I can freely search for documents as would be expected. I have associated OneDrive so that it is accessible - and one would assume searchable - from within the Files app. However, this is not the case. When I browse to the OneDrive folders, but from within Files app, any search in the Files app search bar would return ‘no results’.

the behaviour is the same whether I try on iPhone or iPad, implying there is either a setting that is common to my account, or search doesn’t work. I would be surprised if it were the latter, but I’m open to suggestions as I’m a little lost at the moment.

cheers guys.

iPad, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 10, 2019 12:17 AM

3 replies

Nov 10, 2019 10:50 AM in response to LotusPilot

Thanks for the reply. I believe that with the search working within OneDrive wouldn’t that mean OneDrive is working correctly? My question is that the Files app should be able to search OneDrive folders once the association has been granted, even if I don’t have the OneDrive app installed - the OneDrive app is installed on my iPad, but not on the phone, but this behaviour of not being able to search via the Files app is the same on both devices. Apologies if I’ve misunderstood your answer, but if it is believed there is an issue with OneDrive, then I need to know exactly what to ask the Microsoft community. Thanks again.

Nov 10, 2019 12:31 PM in response to TheSherif

Using the Search function of iPadOS Files, to locate a file stored within OneDrive, doesn’t work for me either. Using Search with other cloud services, such as Google Drive and iCloud, work as expected. As such, the problem with MS OneDrive, that you describe here, is repeatable and not isolated to your iPad alone.

You already know and can succinctly describe the issue as you have done here. So, just repeat your question with the appropriate support team in Microsoft.

I note that a Help & Feedback link exists within the OneDrive App for iOS. This may be the perfect channel with which to directly raise your query with Microsoft.

I hope you find this to be of some help.

unable to search folders on onedrive from within Files app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.