Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Print size too large when printing from iPhone and iPad on new HP printer.

When I send an email or graphic from my phone or iPad to my HP 6978, the print is way too large. I’ve contacted HP about this problem and they tell me it’s an Apple issue since anything I send from my Mac Book prints in the appropriate size. I’ve had other brand printers which were wireless and never encountered this problem.

is this an Apple Issue? A compatibility issue? Printer was purchased at Costco and I’m ready to take it back. Any thoughts?

Posted on Nov 10, 2019 6:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2019 2:50 PM

Thank you for the suggestion. I have spent one hour with a “tech” who couldn’t help me get my email to work on the app and who told me that her email also printed very large from the app anyway. Then I waited 25 minutes for a supervisor only to be told that she was too busy right now. The “tech” then started repeating all the steps while reminding me that the printer was designed to print from a computer not a phone or iPad. At that point I gave up. I will never buy another HP product. Between the product, the ink scam and the tech support, I’m well done with them.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2019 2:50 PM in response to lobsterghost1

Thank you for the suggestion. I have spent one hour with a “tech” who couldn’t help me get my email to work on the app and who told me that her email also printed very large from the app anyway. Then I waited 25 minutes for a supervisor only to be told that she was too busy right now. The “tech” then started repeating all the steps while reminding me that the printer was designed to print from a computer not a phone or iPad. At that point I gave up. I will never buy another HP product. Between the product, the ink scam and the tech support, I’m well done with them.

Nov 10, 2019 3:05 PM in response to lobsterghost1

Yes. I can print a photo from there, but there seems to be no way to access my emails. Using the tech’s suggestion, I used Dropbox and added my gmail account. But the account doesn’t show up after I click on it. The tech didn’t seem to know what to do next. So she started all over and assured me she had the same large print problem I do. Ugh. I’m beyond frustrated.

Nov 10, 2019 3:21 PM in response to msboc

When I open Air Print it shows my email address under Dropbox. But when I click on the Dropbox I get a grayed out page that does not even show my email address. That’s why I was waiting and waiting for a supervisor. There is some missing step though I have no idea what it could be.

Print size too large when printing from iPhone and iPad on new HP printer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.