Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my videos are coming in a photos eeerrrrgggg

when i try to import a video to imovie it comes in as a picture

Posted on Nov 10, 2019 7:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2019 8:55 AM

Hi,

I don't know why that is happening. Others on this forum have reported an issue of movies dragged from Photos importing into iMovie as a still image.

The method that works is to access your videos from the Photos item in an iMovie project sidebar. The Photos library must be designated in the Photos app preferences as the system library in order for it to work.

You also could try importing the vids to your desktop with the Image Capture app on your Mac, and from there dragging into iMovie. See if that works.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2019 8:55 AM in response to mblain62

Hi,

I don't know why that is happening. Others on this forum have reported an issue of movies dragged from Photos importing into iMovie as a still image.

The method that works is to access your videos from the Photos item in an iMovie project sidebar. The Photos library must be designated in the Photos app preferences as the system library in order for it to work.

You also could try importing the vids to your desktop with the Image Capture app on your Mac, and from there dragging into iMovie. See if that works.

-- Rich

my videos are coming in a photos eeerrrrgggg

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.