Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Password problem

hi,

i just updated my laptop and I cant login it shows me that the password is wrong!! And I can’t rest the password I tried a lot.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 10, 2019 12:42 PM

5 replies

Nov 10, 2019 12:54 PM in response to Saraalmannaei

Did you try creating a new administrator account by restarting the Setup Assistant?

1. Boot into Single User Mode: Start/restart your Mac. As soon as you hear the startup tone, press and hold ⌘ + S until you see a black screen with white lettering. (If you end up back on the login screen after a flash of the black screen with white lettering, enter your password and it will return to the black screen.)
  2. Check and repair the drive by typing /sbin/fsck -fy then ↩ enter - as directed by the on-screen text.
  3. Mount the drive as read-write by typing /sbin/mount -uw / then ↩ enter.
  4. Remove the Apple Setup Done file by typing rm /var/db/.AppleSetupDonethen ↩ enter.
  5. Reboot by typing reboot then ↩ enter.
  6. Complete the setup process, creating a new admin account.

Nov 10, 2019 12:45 PM in response to Saraalmannaei

Reset Admin Password

Restart in Recovery Mode (command-r). From the Utilities menu in the Mac OS X Utilities menu, choose Terminal. At the prompt enter “resetpassword” (without the quotes) and press Return. A Reset Password window will pop up. Select your startup volume in the top of the window and then, from the pop-up menu select a user account.

In the fields below enter and confirm your new password then click on Save. Now choose Restart from the Apple menu. Your Mac should now use the new password you’ve created.

Password problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.