Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I switch from the individual to family plan for Apple Music would we lose our music we have on your current individual plan?

If I switch from the individual to family plan for Apple Music would we lose our music we have on our current individual plan?

iPhone X

Posted on Nov 10, 2019 12:51 PM

1 reply

Nov 14, 2019 7:14 AM in response to JH133

Good evening JH133,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you have an individual Apple Music subscription and want to know what happens if you change to a Family plan. The content of the Apple Music library for your Apple ID will not change. Other family members will sign up with their own Apple ID so their personal music library will remain the same as well. You can share playlists or music you've purchased from the iTunes Store with other family members if you wish. I'll include some information about this below:

Get an Apple Music Family subscription

Share App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books purchases with Family Sharing

Create and share playlists

Take care.

If I switch from the individual to family plan for Apple Music would we lose our music we have on your current individual plan?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.