Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone xs max

unable to power down phone using the right button

Posted on Nov 10, 2019 4:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2019 8:53 AM

Hey tesla2018,

I understand you're having trouble turning off your iPhone XS Max. I'll be happy to help.

Restart the iPhone XS Max by simultaneously pressing and holding the side button and either volume button until the sliders appear, then drag the top slider. If these are the steps that you're using and the device is still not restarting, try force restarting using these steps: Force restart iPhone - Apple Support.

If the device is frozen and force restarting is not helping, follow these steps: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support. If the device isn't frozen, and it's still not restarting, remove any cases and try again. Otherwise, you may want to look into having the iPhone inspected to see if there's an issue with the physical buttons.

Take a look here to find some nearby service locations: Apple - Find Locations

Here's some information about seeking service: iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support

Have a great day.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2019 8:53 AM in response to tesla2018

Hey tesla2018,

I understand you're having trouble turning off your iPhone XS Max. I'll be happy to help.

Restart the iPhone XS Max by simultaneously pressing and holding the side button and either volume button until the sliders appear, then drag the top slider. If these are the steps that you're using and the device is still not restarting, try force restarting using these steps: Force restart iPhone - Apple Support.

If the device is frozen and force restarting is not helping, follow these steps: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support. If the device isn't frozen, and it's still not restarting, remove any cases and try again. Otherwise, you may want to look into having the iPhone inspected to see if there's an issue with the physical buttons.

Take a look here to find some nearby service locations: Apple - Find Locations

Here's some information about seeking service: iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support

Have a great day.

iPhone xs max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.