Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No option to create a Playlist on AppleTV

When I hold down the pad on on my remote while listening to a song I get; Go to Album, Go to Artist, Delete from Library, Play next (greyed out), View Full Lyrics, Love, Dislike but nothing about Playlists. It should show me something about create/add a playlist. I'd like to be able to create playlists like I do on my MAC and iPhone or share existing ones.

All my purchased music shows up.

When I access the menu from Library, "Playlists" appear but it's empty and I can't do anything, it only shows [Sort]

I don't have Apple Music just a lot of purchased music in the cloud. Apple TV model A1842 (32 GB), TvOS 13.2 (17K82).

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 13

Posted on Nov 10, 2019 5:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2019 12:54 PM

I Also cannot add p playlist on Apple TV. My question is the same as the question before me............No option to create a playlist on Apple TV. I followed the instructions to the letter & they result in nothing! Kindly advise on how to deal with playlists on Apple TV

Similar questions

3 replies

Nov 14, 2019 9:24 AM in response to Kendo2412

Hello Kendo2412,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I see that you want to create a playlist on your Apple TV and are not finding an option to do this. While you are able to access and play content from a playlist created on another device, it is not possible to create a playlist on the Apple TV. Take a look at the following support article on creating and sharing a playlist.

Create and share playlists - Apple Support

Best regards.

No option to create a Playlist on AppleTV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.