Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Just single direction sync in notes app

The sync of the notes app is not working correctly. If I edit something in notes app (MacBook Air, Macbook, iPhone, iPad) it just saves local, but not on iCloud.

If I enter something in iCloud -> Notes, then all changes will be transferred to all devices, but all modification on each devices stay on each device.

This is a full mess...

MacBook Air

Posted on Nov 11, 2019 2:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2019 11:01 AM

Are the notes on the computer/devices iCloud notes and not On My Mac notes?

Try going to System Preferences/iCloud (Apple ID for Catalina) and stop Notes syncing by unchecking the box. Wait a couple of minutes, then check syncing. Allow time for the sync to complete.

or

Try Settings/Your Name/iCloud and slide off Notes syncing. Wait a few minutes and then slide syncing on. Allow time for syncing to occur.

Last resort  - have you tried signing out of iCloud and then sign back in?

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2019 11:01 AM in response to kermana

Are the notes on the computer/devices iCloud notes and not On My Mac notes?

Try going to System Preferences/iCloud (Apple ID for Catalina) and stop Notes syncing by unchecking the box. Wait a couple of minutes, then check syncing. Allow time for the sync to complete.

or

Try Settings/Your Name/iCloud and slide off Notes syncing. Wait a few minutes and then slide syncing on. Allow time for syncing to occur.

Last resort  - have you tried signing out of iCloud and then sign back in?

Just single direction sync in notes app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.