Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update apps

I can not update the apps in the App Store since it had the Apple ID from my son and wont recognize mine even if it says its logged on with my new Apple ID. It keeps asking the password for the previous apple ID whenever I try to update the apps. The only thing I can do is to download new apps. Please help!!

Posted on Nov 11, 2019 9:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2019 9:35 AM

Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review

Or you can try to set up Family Sharing to keep access to your purchases.

Family Sharing

Family Sharing - Set up

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2019 9:35 AM in response to JorgeBerckholtz

Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review

Or you can try to set up Family Sharing to keep access to your purchases.

Family Sharing

Family Sharing - Set up

Update apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.