Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Massive Battery Drain IOS 13.2.2

I have always read about people having massive battery drain in past iOS updates and had it once or twice a long time ago which Apple claims they fixed.

Now with iOS 13.2.2 it is back again for me on my iPhone XS MAX and iPad Pro.

i know a lot of times it is just using the phone way to much and battery will of course go down from that. I am not on my iPhone a lot and had to charge like every 1-2 days. Now I am at around 50% with the iPhone basically just sitting on Wi-Fi with screen off just sitting.

Plus the iPad Pro could last a long time with being at 100% with my Son playing games on it. Now it could be at 50% in like an hour or so plus and getting 20% message after like 2 hours or so.

I am guessing Apple bug now created in in this new 13.2.2 doing all this.

Great Job Apple.

Is this just another new Apple bug they created?

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Nov 11, 2019 9:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2019 11:23 AM

Have you tried a hard reset of your iDevices?

For the iPad Pro, have you tried the new hard reset procedure for the new 2018 iPad Pro models?

1. Press and release the volume UP button.

2. Then immediately press and release the volume DOWN button.

3. Then, press and hold the Power button at the top. You will see the Slide to Power off button, but keep on holding down the Power button until you see the Apple logo, then let it go.

Once you have performed all the steps, wait for a few seconds and your 2018 iPad Pro will boot up completely to the iPad Pro’s Lock screen.

Good Luck!

Similar questions

30 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2019 11:23 AM in response to merlin1128

Have you tried a hard reset of your iDevices?

For the iPad Pro, have you tried the new hard reset procedure for the new 2018 iPad Pro models?

1. Press and release the volume UP button.

2. Then immediately press and release the volume DOWN button.

3. Then, press and hold the Power button at the top. You will see the Slide to Power off button, but keep on holding down the Power button until you see the Apple logo, then let it go.

Once you have performed all the steps, wait for a few seconds and your 2018 iPad Pro will boot up completely to the iPad Pro’s Lock screen.

Good Luck!

Nov 15, 2019 2:35 PM in response to A-a-a-a-h

Most users are not having this issue. This is not a common issue/bug/problem.

We are not seeing large numbers of users reporting in here about massive battery drain of their iDevices.

You may want to post feedback to Apple about this issue.

The best you can do is alert Apple to this growing issue.

The only way to get Apple to, DIRECTLY, listen to you is to use their feedback portion of their website.

iPad Feedback

http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

Cognizant Apple employees read ALL feedback generated from all of the various feedback pages and transfers the data to the proper and responsible Apple teams and personnel , but NO Apple employees will ever respond with any type of direct, individual replies from the feedback you post.

The more users that post product feedback about any product issue, the faster Apple is made aware and starts working on a fix/solution for a future software update.

Also, you may want to phone contact Apple, directly in Cupertino, California, and calmly talk to an Apple customer service employee about this issue via the link below.

https://www.apple.com/contact/

Nov 22, 2019 7:18 PM in response to KPMorgan

If still no joy.

Tap on the link below to my iDevice/iOSperformance/optimisation user tips link.

Slow iPad on iOS 9, 10 or 11! - Apple Community

Try all of these tips and leave each tip active together.

DO NOT simply try every tip individually, expecting just one tip tobe a performance “cure all”.

Many of these tips are designed to work together to helpimprove overall iOS/iDevice performance.

Most of the tips listed in th above link should work for iPhone, as well.

Good Luck!

Nov 22, 2019 7:23 PM in response to KPMorgan

If STILL NO JOY,

You may want to post feedback to Apple about this issue.

The best you can do is alert Apple to this growing issue.

The only way to get Apple to, DIRECTLY, listen to you is to use their feedback portion of their website.

iPhone Feedback

http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

Cognizant Apple employees read ALL feedback generated from all of the various feedback pages and transfers the data to the proper and responsible Apple teams and personnel , but NO Apple employees will ever respond with any type of direct, individual replies from the feedback you post.

The more users that post product feedback about any product issue, the faster Apple is made aware and starts working on a fix/solution for a future software update.

Also, you may want to phone contact Apple, directly in Cupertino, California, and calmly talk to an Apple customer service employee about this issue via the link below.

https://www.apple.com/contact/

Nov 22, 2019 1:12 PM in response to merlin1128

Sluggishness with update to iOS 13.2.3.....

I updated to iOS 13.2.3 and its the worst experience to date on an Apple device to date.

1. Its extremely sluggish. Doing general search is a challenge.
  2. I cannot access my emails readily. When it does come up on my phone hours after, I am unable to open the mail
  3. The battery drains super fast. I charged last night. Barely surf today. Its now at 17%. Its kind of strange as before upgrading to iOS 13 my battery would last the day.

Any suggestions out there as to how I can remedy this huge problem??

Nov 12, 2019 3:51 PM in response to MichelPM

Didn’t intend to hijack anything, only comment that the suggested solution didn’t work for me. I have a 12.9" iPad Pro (newest version) and an iPhone SE (which I prefer to the newer ones because of it’s more convenient size). They both started having this problem when I installed 13.2.2. Neither had the issue previously.

I am aware that a hard reset solves many issues. I do it frequently on various devices, usually with good results. It just didn’t work with this one, which "seems" like a bug in the OS.

I thought having a similar issue to the OP’s was pertinent. I’m sorry if it wasn’t. I will refrain from posting comments here in the future.

Nov 12, 2019 5:25 PM in response to Bodman414

It is more polite to start your own thread post/technical questions about your own devices in these communities

Users are welcome here anytime, but it is much better to post your own individual post so as not confuse who we are actually trying to help in a post with certain affected Apple products.

If you are having issues with your own Apple mobile devices, please post your own questions in the appropriate Apple mobile device support communities.

Thank You Very Much.

Nov 15, 2019 1:49 PM in response to Bodman414

Thank you for what you said. I have iPhone X s Max & the same thing happened to my battery after installing the 13.2.2 iOs. I also did the hard reset & had the same results. Same with my iPaid air 2. Hope they fix it soon. Miss Steve Jobs. Apple tech seems lost now. I just want it to work well. Don’t need all the battery draining bells & whistles. Or they should at least give us the option to delete the junk they add that takes up storage & uses battery life.

Nov 15, 2019 2:09 PM in response to merlin1128

Have same phone & same problem just since installing iOs 13.2.2 I usually only text & not much. So Apple has to fix this issue. I just want a simple phone that works well. Steve Jobs said:”It just works” & that is the kind of customer I am which is why I have purchased Apple devices for years now. Life is complicated enough without our very expensive technology giving us more problems. These devices are supposed to make our lives simpler, easier. I have purchase 8 iPads including iPad Pro for family, 9 iPhones & the Apple mac book for self & family. Apple wifi, which I still have & 3 Apple TV devices, (2 as gifts) discontinued Cable altogether. Always recommended Apple products but now I’m losing trust. Hope Apple can turn this around.

Nov 15, 2019 2:20 PM in response to MichelPM

Yes, no one is infallible. None of us. Hope Apple can just fix this problem without creating more. Nothing personal Michael. Don’t know all that you are referring to in your comment as I am not that tech savvy which is why I just want devices that work well without need of a tech degree. I’m concerned with my present problems with my devices. Just hope they can fix it. Worry if I offended you in some way. Nothing personal.

Nov 15, 2019 4:44 PM in response to MichelPM

Actually did call a number on the sites you sent. Talked to a nice young lady who helped with the issue. Did screen sharing, I believe, where she could actually check out my battery health, on my iPhone & then my iPad. She is sending me 2 emails to fill out as she said these are not really complaints but reports for issues. She thanked me for the info so this was the best thing to do. Just wanted to let you know & thank you for the info.

Nov 21, 2019 12:02 AM in response to Abdillahi35

You have a 2018 iPad Pro.

Check in Settings under battery to see what apps are using up your battery.

This should NOT be happening to a 2018 top of line iPad Pro.

Make sure your screen brightness is NOT at 100% brightness.

Set your screen brightness for some other comfortable level that should be much lower than 100% brightness.

Any iPad screen set for 100% brightness is an instant battery “drainer”!

Massive Battery Drain IOS 13.2.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.