Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

are all emails saved in icloud

I have many different emails are they all saved in iCloud concerned about my gmail it doesn’t seem to get backed up

Posted on Nov 11, 2019 12:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2019 2:59 PM

Good afternoon sj0815,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you would like to know if your Gmail messages are saved in an iCloud backup. The resource below explains that Gmail is not backed up to iCloud. I've highlighted some key information here for you. Click on the link for complete details.

About backups for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

iCloud backups include nearly all data and settings stored on your device.

iCloud backups don't include:

• Data that's already stored in iCloud, like Contacts, Calendars, Notes, iCloud Photos, iMessages, Voice Memos, text (SMS) and multimedia (MMS) messages, and Health data*
  • Data stored in other cloud services, like Gmail and Exchange mail
  • Apple Mail data
  • Apple Pay information and settings
  • Face ID or Touch ID settings
  • iCloud Music Library and App Store content (If it's still available in the iTunes, App, or Apple Books store, you can tap to re-download your already purchased content.)"

Here is some information from Google regarding archiving email from their service:

Archive or mute Gmail messages - Google Support

Download your data - Google Support

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2019 2:59 PM in response to sj0815

Good afternoon sj0815,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you would like to know if your Gmail messages are saved in an iCloud backup. The resource below explains that Gmail is not backed up to iCloud. I've highlighted some key information here for you. Click on the link for complete details.

About backups for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

iCloud backups include nearly all data and settings stored on your device.

iCloud backups don't include:

• Data that's already stored in iCloud, like Contacts, Calendars, Notes, iCloud Photos, iMessages, Voice Memos, text (SMS) and multimedia (MMS) messages, and Health data*
  • Data stored in other cloud services, like Gmail and Exchange mail
  • Apple Mail data
  • Apple Pay information and settings
  • Face ID or Touch ID settings
  • iCloud Music Library and App Store content (If it's still available in the iTunes, App, or Apple Books store, you can tap to re-download your already purchased content.)"

Here is some information from Google regarding archiving email from their service:

Archive or mute Gmail messages - Google Support

Download your data - Google Support

Take care.

are all emails saved in icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.