Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Don't recognize Wireless Client

Hi, I'm attaching a screen shot from Airport Utility. I don't recognize the first listing.

Airport connects to the ISP by wire.

It has another wired connection to my Smart TV.

I have my Macbook Air, Iphone 7+, and Apple TV connected via wireless. I have had the TV connected wirelessly, but I think it will only connect one way. There is also a smart plug (HS103) that I'm setting up.

1) What is the device D52c99000000.local? Is that the wireless connection to the TV which is not "active"? Might it be something else?

2) Also, when I stream something, it comes from the ISP to the Airport,. then to my macbook, then wirelessly back to the airport, then wirelessly to the Apple TV, then via HDMI to the TV. Is this overly complicated? Is there a better way without wires guaranteed to test my acrobatic abilities, reflexes and bone density?

3) Sometimes streaming video slows down on the TV. In my rubegoldbergian understanding of how the video gets on the tv (I am amazed at all the people who can fit in that electronic box on the wall...and how the pictures in that black window of mine makes it look like my home is flying about.). When that happens, is there a way that I can identify what the slowdown is--hardware, signal, etc.? Is it a setting, or hardware or environmental (interference) issue?

I have my sonic screwdriver in hand and am ready to operate!

Posted on Nov 12, 2019 2:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2019 2:59 AM

There is a few things to do..

First is to check via google the MAC address which is shown.. 00:BB:C1 etc.

You will find this MAC is assigned to Canon. https://hwaddress.com/oui-iab/00-BB-C1/

So do you own a canon printer or a canon camera??

Perhaps a scanner??

No luck on that one the second step is easy.. change the password in the airport..

Everything will drop out.. change the password in your client devices one by one.. note carefully which is which.. whatever is missing is the product with that name and MAC address.

I found this slipped under my front door. It may be a clue!\

I just saw your extra.. LOL.. I suspect someone is playing tricks on you.

I would reset the Airport completely.. change both the network name.. and set a new better password.

Also make sure you are using WPA2 personal. Nothing else is suitable.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2019 2:59 AM in response to Jarmaracark

There is a few things to do..

First is to check via google the MAC address which is shown.. 00:BB:C1 etc.

You will find this MAC is assigned to Canon. https://hwaddress.com/oui-iab/00-BB-C1/

So do you own a canon printer or a canon camera??

Perhaps a scanner??

No luck on that one the second step is easy.. change the password in the airport..

Everything will drop out.. change the password in your client devices one by one.. note carefully which is which.. whatever is missing is the product with that name and MAC address.

I found this slipped under my front door. It may be a clue!\

I just saw your extra.. LOL.. I suspect someone is playing tricks on you.

I would reset the Airport completely.. change both the network name.. and set a new better password.

Also make sure you are using WPA2 personal. Nothing else is suitable.

Nov 17, 2019 2:23 AM in response to Jarmaracark

Rick's Escaping NJ wrote:
It was a case of rectal-cranial inversion.

I had to read that several times.. LOL.. made my day!! I will have to put it in the store of quotes.

Watch out for rectal-cranial inversion

This is the nice way of saying the same thing in Australian English where I am from..

"Thinking through your donkey" or rear end or derriere.. to escape the Apple Board of Censors.

Don't recognize Wireless Client

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.