Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ios 13.2.2 wifi problem

My phone connect the wifi networks but internet very slow. I do speedtest on PC very high speed but only on my mobile very slow.

I reset my mobile network settings.

I reset my modem.

I tried on different internet and modems.

Can you help me?

iPhone 7

Posted on Nov 12, 2019 3:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2019 11:24 PM

I had the exact same problem on my iPhone 7 and I couldn't find a fix anywhere, but now I found a simple way to solve this problem (at least in my case): i don't know why, but after I deactivated Bluetooth (or disconnected all devices via the quick menu. It's up to you), I had the "old" speed, while before switching off Bluetooh I had just 3mbps in download. Hope I could help you with that.

28 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2019 11:24 PM in response to ridvancev

I had the exact same problem on my iPhone 7 and I couldn't find a fix anywhere, but now I found a simple way to solve this problem (at least in my case): i don't know why, but after I deactivated Bluetooth (or disconnected all devices via the quick menu. It's up to you), I had the "old" speed, while before switching off Bluetooh I had just 3mbps in download. Hope I could help you with that.

Dec 29, 2019 7:02 PM in response to ridvancev

Have the same issue after updating my iphone 6S Plus to 13.3. I figured out that Bluetooth was causing the issues. I have resolved/improved it by doing the following:

1. Removed all paired BT devices
  2. Disabled BT
  3. Performed a Soft Reset
  4. Enabled BT and tested speed using Fast.com

The performance improved from 500 kbps to 25 Mbps with the BT enabled. Its a lot better but does not match the 50 Mbps i get with the BT disabled. I am using a 2.4 ghz wifi at home but I will need to wait until I am back at work in the New Year to test on a 5 ghz wifi.

Hope this helps until Apple resolves the issue.

Dec 7, 2019 6:19 AM in response to ridvancev

On my my iphone 7 I had this same issue after going to iOS 13. I am at 13.2.3.

I tried everything, even restoring and resetting iphone, no luck. But turning off bluetooth fixed it thanks!

With BT ON I had download speeds of 8m max, with BT OFF speeds of 60m. I hope Apple can fix this I need BT.

BTW in my house I have 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi. The 5g worked better than the 2.4 even when BT was ON, but the problem with 5ghz in my house is that it does not reach my 2nd floor that well. 2.4ghz is slower but goes through wall better than 5ghz wifi.

Dec 20, 2019 5:51 AM in response to ridvancev

My iPhone 7+ updated to iOS 13.3 earlier this week (I think it was on 13.something before).

And since then my broadband/WiFi has been erratic (dropping to < 0.5 mbps, with latency jitter of 150ms). My router listens on 2 SSIDs (one for 2.4 Ghz and one for 5 Ghz wireless). Forcing connection to the 5Ghz seems to have solved it.

Before the iOS upgrade it worked find on the 2.4 Ghz

Dec 24, 2019 8:52 AM in response to ridvancev

Same thing for me.

After updating my Iphone 7 plus to IOS 13.3 wifi is really slow, i cannot open any webpage or do anything without cellular data.

Deactivating bluetooth works most of the time but also my apple watch and AirPods are not connected to the iPhone when i do that.

I have had it with apple this time , will probably buy OnePlus 7 Pro for me and throw my iPhone 7 plus to the garbage.

Owning a phone that cannot connect to the internet in 2020 , now that is something really courageous.

Iphone speed is around 100Kbps!!!Really courageous.

Jan 19, 2020 7:41 AM in response to ridvancev

I tried a clean iOS 13.3 install on my iphone7 as shown below, but it did not help, I still must have Bluetooth off for better wifi speeds on 2.4ghz.

With BT ON my speeds are 25mb, with BT OFF my speeds are 65mb

How to Do a Clean iOS Install

https://www.gottabemobile.com/how-to-do-a-clean-ios-12-install/

Turn Off Find My iPhone. Go to Settings -> Your Name -> iCloud -> Find My iPhone -> Off.

Open iTunes

1.Choose your iPhone or iPad in iTunes.

2.Plug your iPhone or iPad in.

3.Trust the computer when prompted.

4.Click on your iPhone in iTunes.

5.Click Restore iPhone.

6.When prompted, click Restore.

This will download iOS 12, wipe your device and install the latest version of iOS 12. From here you can choose to set up as a new device and start from scratch. You can also choose a backup if you need to get your data back on the iPhone without manually signing in and installing all your apps.

This is best done on your computer, but you can also do a similar process on your iPhone. It’s just going to take a little longer.

Feb 13, 2020 3:01 AM in response to jan_kr

Same issue here on iPhone 7.

But strangely it disappeared for itself after I switched off the bluetooth from the quick menù and I waited the day after for the bluetooth to switch on again for itself. I also noticed that it didn't switch on immediately the day after but casually in the middle of the day. Said so, I tested the speed different time and looks like it is working again after 48 hours without issues.

Hope this can help. Thank you all for the contributions.

Ios 13.2.2 wifi problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.