Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Virus on iPad Pro?

Today I visited a website that showed a message that my browser had been infected by a virus. How can I check if my iPad is infected by a virus or malware? I am running the new iPadOS. Thank you.

iPad Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 12, 2019 7:17 AM

2 replies

Nov 12, 2019 8:49 AM in response to Mauro Jr

As described, you have likely stumbled upon a website with click-bait or other attempt to compromise your device.

Here are a couple of suggestions that will go a long way to protect you from being exposed to on-line threats of this nature:

1) From the App Store, find and install 1Blocker. It’s an add-on for Safari - and it’s now free; whilst it might look a little daunting at first, it is one of the very best Ad-blockers for iOS that is currently available. You don’t need to pay for the optional subscription. Another benefit is that it will make Safari much faster in downloading content.

2) Manually change your DNS settings to to the Quad9 Recursive DNS Service (Primary - 9.9.9.9, Secondary - 149.112.112.112). If don’t know what this means for you, suffice to say that using this DNS provider will prevent the majority of access - and malicious redirects - to dodgy websites.

Your iDevice is, by virtue of the walled garden (sandboxed) nature of iPadOS/iOS, relatively well protected against potential threats - however, no device is ever fully immune. As such, adding some additional “hardening” measures is always beneficial.

I hope you find these recommendations useful.

Virus on iPad Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.