Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to Activate, An Update Is Required To Activate Your iPhone 7

I updated my iPhone IOS to 13.2.1 and I have this error "Unable to Activate, An Update Is Required To Activate Your iPhone" when I on the phone. What should i do

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 12, 2019 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2019 8:28 AM

the problem is it don't even allow me to get into settings. Please find attached for your perusal. Thank you.

3 replies

Nov 12, 2019 8:16 AM in response to Mcowusu

There are two major Updates in an iPhone / iPad:

1. iOS Update (Recommended): Released by Apple Inc basically for improvements, security and bug fixes. Does not affect Data, Calls & SMSs if not updated
  2. Carrier Update (Required): Released by your Cellular Service provider (Carrier Update), affects your Outgoing / Incoming calls, SMS, Data etc..

How to Update Carrier Settings

You can manually check for and install a carrier settings update with these steps: Make sure your device is connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network. Tap Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you'll see an option to update your carrier settings.

Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

How to update iOS

Go to Settings > General > Software Update > Automatic Updates, then turn off AutomaticUpdates. At any time, you can check for and install software updates. Go to Settings > General > Software Update. The screen shows the currently installed version of iOS and whether an update is available.

Update iOS software on iPhone - Apple Support

Unable to Activate, An Update Is Required To Activate Your iPhone 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.