Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i recieved an email saying my apple id was locked and my information needed updated within 24 hours or it will be Permanently locked. what does this mean?

i recieved an email saying my apple id was locked and my information needed updated within 24 hours or it will be Permanently locked. what does this mean?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Nov 12, 2019 2:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2019 2:50 PM

• Apple does not send such messages. 
  • Apple would not refer to you as Dear Customer, Dear Client, or anything other than the name on file for your account.
  • Apple would not have such horrible spelling or grammar. 
  • Apple would not send a message to “Undisclosed Recipients”. 

It is a phishing attempt. Do not respond. Do not divulge any personal or financial information. You can use the address below to forward the suspect email message, as an attachment to Apple.

reportphishing@apple.com

The link below has information to help identify fraudulent emails.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204759

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2019 2:50 PM in response to heidie2012

• Apple does not send such messages. 
  • Apple would not refer to you as Dear Customer, Dear Client, or anything other than the name on file for your account.
  • Apple would not have such horrible spelling or grammar. 
  • Apple would not send a message to “Undisclosed Recipients”. 

It is a phishing attempt. Do not respond. Do not divulge any personal or financial information. You can use the address below to forward the suspect email message, as an attachment to Apple.

reportphishing@apple.com

The link below has information to help identify fraudulent emails.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204759

Nov 12, 2019 2:50 PM in response to heidie2012

It's a scam. DO NOT respond to it in any way: your account is no locked, and they are just trying to get your ID and password.

Apple will never message you like this. If they ever do have to lock your account for security reasons they won't tell you, they will wait for you to find out and contact them.

You can report this email to Apple by forwarding it as an email attachment to reportphishing@apple.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.