You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

.ink files

how do i open .ink files on my mac?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 12, 2019 4:47 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2019 5:48 PM

You don't. A .lnk file is a link to a file on a Windows computer. How did you get this link? I assume someone sent you an attachment in an email and they attached the link to a file on their computer rather than attaching the actual file. I may be mistaken so provide more details regarding where you got the link.

Maybe my eyes are not what they used to be and you are asking about a .ink file. If so this is a "Electronic whiteboard" format saved by Mimio. If so, MimioStudio classroom software can open file.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 12, 2019 5:48 PM in response to Deadeye75

You don't. A .lnk file is a link to a file on a Windows computer. How did you get this link? I assume someone sent you an attachment in an email and they attached the link to a file on their computer rather than attaching the actual file. I may be mistaken so provide more details regarding where you got the link.

Maybe my eyes are not what they used to be and you are asking about a .ink file. If so this is a "Electronic whiteboard" format saved by Mimio. If so, MimioStudio classroom software can open file.

.ink files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.