Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot install Adobe pse 2020 after upgrading to 10.15; can't remove old Adobe files; can't run Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool.app. Any solution?

Cannot install Adobe pse 2020 after upgrading to 10.15; can't remove old Adobe files because Uninstaller; can't run Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool.app because Apple can't verify it's not malware. Adobe personnel seem at a loss. Any solution?

iMac 27", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 13, 2019 7:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2019 10:09 AM

Finally, success! Found a bunch of adobe files in Library -- Preferences --- Com......Plist -- that I had overlooked the first six time. Was anticipating the "Installation failed..." signed when I tried, but was disappointed: it installed without any problem.

Thanks for all of your thoughts. But I would have appreciated a little advanced warning from Adobe on the need to remove everything before upgrading to 10.15.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2019 10:09 AM in response to HaroldandMaud

Finally, success! Found a bunch of adobe files in Library -- Preferences --- Com......Plist -- that I had overlooked the first six time. Was anticipating the "Installation failed..." signed when I tried, but was disappointed: it installed without any problem.

Thanks for all of your thoughts. But I would have appreciated a little advanced warning from Adobe on the need to remove everything before upgrading to 10.15.

Nov 13, 2019 8:01 AM in response to HaroldandMaud

Some chronology:

1. I updated to 10.15.1 - no problem
  2. I updated Microsoft Office Student and Home -- No problem
  3. Tried installing Adobe PSE 2020 from Disk -- received message: Sorry, installation failed. An unknown error occurred (Error Code 1 ) (Which seems to involve a problem with the installation app, according to Adobe)
  4. Tried Uninstalling existing Adobe software. But, UNinstallers don't work with 10.15
  5. Adobe provided email saying in essence: Delete various Adobe files from /Library and ~/Library. I did this, although it was not clear how the two Libraries differed in content.
  6. The Adobe email then said: Download Adobe Cleaner tool from a link and run it. I did this, but I got an error message saying that it, too, needed to updated.
  7. The Adobe person then said: Download a new copy of pse 2020 and see if it works. I tried, but got the same "Sorry, installation failed...Error code 1
  8. I have since gone to "Apple -- About this Mac -- System Report --Legacy Software to identify and TRY TO remove all Adobe products. But, no luck. Same result.

Cannot install Adobe pse 2020 after upgrading to 10.15; can't remove old Adobe files; can't run Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool.app. Any solution?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.