Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

youtube hang

Youtube stops and starts and hangs in firefox and safari. Is there anything besides cleaning cache and restarting i can do?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 13, 2019 4:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2019 6:56 AM

Hello derAnfänger,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having trouble watching YouTube on your Mac. I'd be happy to provide information that may help.

First, start up in safe mode to see if the issue persists in safe mode: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac.

Next, test the issue in another user account: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac.

Finally, try a different network connection, whether that be using a wired connection or using a different Wi-Fi network.

I hope that helps. Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2019 6:56 AM in response to derAnfänger

Hello derAnfänger,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having trouble watching YouTube on your Mac. I'd be happy to provide information that may help.

First, start up in safe mode to see if the issue persists in safe mode: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac.

Next, test the issue in another user account: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac.

Finally, try a different network connection, whether that be using a wired connection or using a different Wi-Fi network.

I hope that helps. Take care.

youtube hang

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.