Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Keyboard Click sound inconsistent??

Recently upgraded my phone to an 11 Pro Max

Since I received the handset I noticed straight away that the sound of the key board click differs in sound

Sometimes they are very faint and you can barely hear them - which makes you think the phone is on silent and other times they are very loud

I have tried all the obvious (adjusting volume settings, turning on and off keyboard clicks, hard reset etc)

I have searched on this website and also MacRumours. There is a similar thread at the following link: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/sounds-keyboard-clicks-alerts-changing-volume-inconsistently.2201878/

Could this be a software glitch on this model of iPhone as the sound on my previous handsets has always been at the same level?

Thanks

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 14, 2019 1:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 9:28 AM

After not 1, but 2 DFU restores (second one just to be absolutely sure). I can confirm that it DOES NOT fix the issue. And I will now look into sending my iPhone to Apple for a service. I believe it’s a software related bug but not one that Apple will patch out anytime soon.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2019 9:28 AM in response to Kalski

After not 1, but 2 DFU restores (second one just to be absolutely sure). I can confirm that it DOES NOT fix the issue. And I will now look into sending my iPhone to Apple for a service. I believe it’s a software related bug but not one that Apple will patch out anytime soon.

Dec 30, 2019 1:47 AM in response to robnorridge

I’m having the same issue on my iPhone 11 running iOS 13.3. I spoke with apple support about it and I was told to try force restarting (didn’t work). And now I’m going to DFU restore my iPhone but I have seen other people that have done this and it hasn’t worked. And the last thing to do then would be to send it to apple for a service, which I really don’t want to do. I think it is something that they should be able to patch out in a future iOS release, but I guess we’ll see.

Dec 4, 2019 1:14 AM in response to robnorridge

Hi Rob,

I think it is a software issue, I never had this on my X or XS but I think I had it on a previous iPhone, but it was some time ago.

Others have reported exchanging handsets due to the issue and the issue persists, so for me it is most likely a software bug and one that will not be high on Apples list to fix most probably as it is just "cosmetic"

iPhone Keyboard Click sound inconsistent??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.