Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Documents on hard drive

Hello,

I recently turned on iCloud documents and I then realize that my documents saved in my MacBook hard drive we not showing up. It showed under “iCloud documents” to be uploading slowly (currently 1gb of 40 gb). I’m afraid to turn off the iCloud documents since my documents don’t show up anywhere in the computer. Any suggestions? Thank you kindly.

Posted on Nov 14, 2019 9:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2019 11:00 AM

Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J.  When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder.  Select Library./Mobile Documents. Do the documents show there? You can access them by enabling iCloud Drive in the Finder Sidebar. Select that when you want to access your documents. 

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2019 11:00 AM in response to Aairhans

Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J.  When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder.  Select Library./Mobile Documents. Do the documents show there? You can access them by enabling iCloud Drive in the Finder Sidebar. Select that when you want to access your documents. 

Documents on hard drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.