Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music automatically playing when plugged in the car

How can I get my iPhone to stop auto playing my music as soon as I plug it in my car

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on Nov 14, 2019 10:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2019 4:37 PM

I received an email from Apple congratulating me on "Solving" this issue! Nothing has been solved! Maybe after 10 years of Apple products I should take a look at Android?

5 replies

Dec 7, 2019 9:29 AM in response to Gmacaluso

I have this issue as well with my iPhone X, additionally it's not just when plugging in or connected via Bluetooth - every time I end a call or miss a call. The only way I've managed to prevent this and still use my phone handsfree is to delete the iTunes Music App from my phone! I would think that this is not in Apple's best interest and is extremely irritating.

Nov 17, 2019 7:40 PM in response to chuck_3rd

I should not have to contact my car manufacturer as every car I have had does this with the iPhone Apple needs to change this and make that a selectable feature on the phone totally annoying to have my kids music I start auto playing when I get my car every time just because it’s in my playlist and made up and the last thing I was listening to

Nov 17, 2019 6:37 PM in response to Gmacaluso

Hello Gmacaluso.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

If I'm understanding correctly, you would like to know if you can prevent music from automatically playing when you plug into your car stereo. I will be glad to assist.

This is behavior is expected when plugging into a car stereo. I would recommend contacting your vehicle manufacturer to see if there is an option to disable this feature.

You can also submit some Apple Product feedback here:

Feedback - iPhone

Cheers.

Music automatically playing when plugged in the car

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.