Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why are some of my messages not being sent ?

why are some of my messages not being sent?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 14, 2019 1:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2019 4:03 PM

Hello, 23taken.

Thanks for getting back to us with more details. In this case your granddaughter may be accurate if you don't have the right settings. If this is for your iPhone, you'll need to make sure that you're able to send SMS/MMS messages. This is different than an iMessage and it is done by your carrier and would make sense if you can send an iMessage to another Apple user but not Android. I would suggest reviewing these articles to help you get this set up so you can send SMS:

About iMessage and SMS/MMS

"To use SMS/MMS on an iPhone, you need a text-messaging plan. Contact your wireless carrier for more information. You can also set up your other Apple devices to send and receive messages from any Apple device".

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Wireless carrier support and features for iPhone

Let us know if you need further help. We'll do what we can so you can send those messages.

Best Regards!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2019 4:03 PM in response to 23taken

Hello, 23taken.

Thanks for getting back to us with more details. In this case your granddaughter may be accurate if you don't have the right settings. If this is for your iPhone, you'll need to make sure that you're able to send SMS/MMS messages. This is different than an iMessage and it is done by your carrier and would make sense if you can send an iMessage to another Apple user but not Android. I would suggest reviewing these articles to help you get this set up so you can send SMS:

About iMessage and SMS/MMS

"To use SMS/MMS on an iPhone, you need a text-messaging plan. Contact your wireless carrier for more information. You can also set up your other Apple devices to send and receive messages from any Apple device".

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Wireless carrier support and features for iPhone

Let us know if you need further help. We'll do what we can so you can send those messages.

Best Regards!

Nov 18, 2019 7:52 AM in response to 23taken

Hello Chris_g1,

Thank you for responding. I have been told by my granddaughter that it is because I am using an iPhone and she does not.

She told me which one she has but, as I am apt to do, I forgot. Could the different phones be the problem? Her sister has an iPhone and she does receive my messages .

I have AOL for my email and have no idea if that has anything to do with messaging.

Thank you so much for you help.

Nov 20, 2019 4:22 AM in response to raina_b22

Thank you so much for the help in resolving my problem. I have installed the update for iOS 13.2.3 and immediately sent a message to my aforementioned granddaughter and she received it and replied with no problem . Not sure if that will resolve the problem . I will certainly look into the suggestions offered . I appreciate the help and thank you very much.

Sincerely , Frank

why are some of my messages not being sent ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.