Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

1st Generation Apple TV & Disney + App

Hi I am a huge fan of my Apple TV and I got it like 5 years ago, so it is one of the older versions, but I love it. The only problem is I really want to download the Disney + app to it but there is no App Store to actually buy the app, how do I get an App Store on my Apple TV or the Disney + app on my Apple TV. I am desperate.

Thank You

Posted on Nov 14, 2019 3:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2019 4:25 AM

You would need an Apple TV (4th generation or later) to have the App Store on the device. Apple TV (3rd generation or earlier) do not have access to an App Store.

Disney+ supports AirPlay to stream content from e.g. an iPhone or iPad to the Apple TV.

If your Apple TV is a 4" black box, then you would have at least a 2nd generation model. Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2019 4:25 AM in response to Taylor11K

You would need an Apple TV (4th generation or later) to have the App Store on the device. Apple TV (3rd generation or earlier) do not have access to an App Store.

Disney+ supports AirPlay to stream content from e.g. an iPhone or iPad to the Apple TV.

If your Apple TV is a 4" black box, then you would have at least a 2nd generation model. Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Nov 18, 2019 6:37 AM in response to jessieleigh0811

The word from Disney themselves:

How do I use AirPlay and Apple TV - Disney+ Help Center
Disney+ supports AirPlay between any iOS device and:
• Apple TV (running tvOS 11.0 or higher)
• 3rd generation Apple TV
• TVs compatible with AirPlay 2.
For optimal performance, we recommend installing the latest firmware available for your devices.

The new specification now specifically omits the 2nd generation.

1st Generation Apple TV & Disney + App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.