Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod- somethings wrong error

This started last week sometime. I asked Siri the weather from the HomePod, and she says sorry somethings wrong try again

so far, I have the latest firmware 13.2.1 and have tried factory resetting, turning off hey Siri on the HomePod and Unplugging and plugging in to no avail. I have 2 homepods and both are doing the same thing. The funny thing is that the rest of the HomeKit stuff still works 100% such as turning on lights. Anyone have any other solutions to try or have similar issues?

Posted on Nov 14, 2019 6:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2019 1:05 PM

I called Apple support today and reported this issue. After going through many of the standard solutions (power cycle the router, reset the HomePod, etc.) Apple put me on hold to escalate the issue and they returned in a few minutes and told me to disable the recognize voice option in the Home app. I thought I had already done that in the settings for the HomePod but what I had disabled was the "Personal Request" option that is described as "HomePod can recognize your voice to personalize requests for music" (and for services other than music).

However, what you have to disable is actually under the Home apps settings, not the HomePod settings. So, go into the Home app on your iPhone or iPad and tap on the small Home icon that is on the upper left of the screen. Then select the "People" icon (or yourself) and turn OFF the "Siri:Recognize My Voice" option.

This seems to fix the problems I was describing and the Apple service representative said that this was a known issue that would be fixed (or "addressed") in a future software update.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2019 1:05 PM in response to Ricky Riccardi

I called Apple support today and reported this issue. After going through many of the standard solutions (power cycle the router, reset the HomePod, etc.) Apple put me on hold to escalate the issue and they returned in a few minutes and told me to disable the recognize voice option in the Home app. I thought I had already done that in the settings for the HomePod but what I had disabled was the "Personal Request" option that is described as "HomePod can recognize your voice to personalize requests for music" (and for services other than music).

However, what you have to disable is actually under the Home apps settings, not the HomePod settings. So, go into the Home app on your iPhone or iPad and tap on the small Home icon that is on the upper left of the screen. Then select the "People" icon (or yourself) and turn OFF the "Siri:Recognize My Voice" option.

This seems to fix the problems I was describing and the Apple service representative said that this was a known issue that would be fixed (or "addressed") in a future software update.

Nov 15, 2019 12:12 PM in response to Ricky Riccardi

I'm seeing this same problem and it's not only the weather. Try something like, "Hey Siri, who is Barack Obama?" or similar for any famous person. Also, try something like, "Hey Siri, where can I get some Pizza?" Or, "Siri, what time is sunset?" Those types of requests use to work before 13.2.1.

I've also tried restarting my router and tried removing and re-adding my HomePod. The latter worked for about one or two minutes (got both the weather and a reply on Barack Obama), but now the HomePod is back to failing on those kinds of requests 100% of the time. Meanwhile, Siri on my iPad running iOS 13 is working fine.

All this has been going on since my update to iOS 13.2.1 about two weeks ago. Prior to that time I wasn't having many issues.

HomePod- somethings wrong error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.