Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home app stuck in black screen and crashes

When my home app stuck on black screen and crash, the only option is to remove and install again, but it won’t help because after few hours it crash again. It’s a little bit irritating because every time I need to remove HomePod before I can remove home app to reinstall. Hard reset iPhone or app won’t work. It seems that app keeps in cache something which causes it. Same situation I have on iPadOS and on iPhone (both newest versions). I can still use my home system from eve app but I like more a native home app.

iPhone X

Posted on Nov 14, 2019 10:26 PM

5 replies

Nov 16, 2019 3:10 PM in response to Ralfger

I discover that problem is with shortcuts in my automation. After this bug appear in one of my device then in second I see on list that automation doesnt have set shortcut but when I enter automation I see shortcut there and by approving, I can set again but it won’t repair app on device with black screen on home app. If I remove this automation with shortcuts then it will repair app. I don’t know if reason is that I have complicate shortcuts or is not stable for now.

Home app stuck in black screen and crashes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.