Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Login to iCloud after forgetting security code- without an additional device

Hi,

I am trying to login to iCloud on my Mac and after entering the credentials, it asks for the security code which I used to setup iCloud.

I don't remember it and hence, I click on 'Forgot code?' button.

Then I get this-

I don't have another device. What should I do?

I still click on Use another device. and when I click on Can't approve, it says

I am able to login to iCloud in the browser and I have around 1000notes in it. I want to login to iCloud so that I can have the same in my local system. Will I lose my notes if I reset the encryption?

Edit: When I click reset encrypted data, it just logged me out and the cycle repeats.

Please suggest any workarounds.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 15, 2019 4:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2019 5:51 AM

Resolved:

After few tries of clicking reset encrypted data, I was able to go through to the next pop-up. but, I was still worried about data loss and contacted apple support.

They said if I reset the data, only the encrypted data such as passwords and keychain are lost, not the user data. I did that and retained my notes.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2019 5:51 AM in response to bly11

Resolved:

After few tries of clicking reset encrypted data, I was able to go through to the next pop-up. but, I was still worried about data loss and contacted apple support.

They said if I reset the data, only the encrypted data such as passwords and keychain are lost, not the user data. I did that and retained my notes.

Login to iCloud after forgetting security code- without an additional device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.