Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dolby Atmos on Apple TV 4K 64GB not working with Yamaha RX A2040

I am not getting any sound when turn on Dolby Atmos on the Apple TV 4k 64GB. When I turn Atmos off, the sound track reappears. The Apple TV is connected directly to the Yamaha RX A2040 using a new high speed HDMI cable. I am using a 7.1.4 speaker set up. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on Nov 15, 2019 6:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2019 10:47 PM

Everything streams through as PCM.

That may be as intended, and that can still be Dolby Atmos. Apple TV will decode the incoming Dolby Atmos in Dolby Digital Plus audio signal into PCM Multichannel with Atmos (Dolby Atmos in Dolby MAT). There is no passthrough option.

Play audio in Dolby Atmos or surround sound on your Apple TV - Apple Support

Similar questions

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2019 10:47 PM in response to sacha178

Everything streams through as PCM.

That may be as intended, and that can still be Dolby Atmos. Apple TV will decode the incoming Dolby Atmos in Dolby Digital Plus audio signal into PCM Multichannel with Atmos (Dolby Atmos in Dolby MAT). There is no passthrough option.

Play audio in Dolby Atmos or surround sound on your Apple TV - Apple Support

Dolby Atmos on Apple TV 4K 64GB not working with Yamaha RX A2040

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.