Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem creating Apple loop in GarageBand

I'm creating various Apple loops from midi regions, and I'm frequently finding that the loop that is being generated by GarageBand is cutting out early. Is there perhaps a length limitation for Apple loops that is causing it to cut out? (I can't find any such information anywhere in documentation).

Or another possible reason I'm not thinking of? Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

MacBook

Posted on Nov 15, 2019 8:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2019 9:11 AM

Which parts are missing from the loop? When you loop a midi region, the notes that extend across the boundaries of the region will be omitted complete. As far as I can tell, GarageBand will not cut them at the end of the measure.

Similar questions

2 replies

Nov 17, 2019 1:35 PM in response to léonie

I'm not sure what you meant by "the notes that extend across the boundaries of the region will be omitted complete".

To help explain, here is a screenshot of my project:

This is 100BPM, at that BPM, the 20 bars should take 45 seconds.

When I select File > Add Region to Loop Library, the loop doesn't appear in the Loop library, but I can find it in - /Library/Audio/Apple Loops/User Loops/SingleFiles/ and it only contains 26 seconds. Any theories welcome as to why it cuts off.

Problem creating Apple loop in GarageBand

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.