Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 12.1 not opening print window (SOLVED)

Since Safari 12.1 I have been having a bizarre problem when trying to print anything from the Safari Browser. Usually on Command - P or hitting the print menu option, it opens a new window with a preview and some options for Printing. But since 12.1 nothing happens except a sound alert. After trying all kinds of stuff, it seems to be a bug with Javascript call Window.print() command which Safari does not execute. At last, I did have success doing the following: Go to Safari->Settings->Security and deactivate JavaScript button. Then go to ->Tabs and activate "Open new tabs or window in foreground", then go back to Security and re-activate JavaScript option. After relaunch of Safari the problem disappeared and now I can print again from Safari as ususal. I hope this helps.

Posted on Nov 16, 2019 4:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2019 5:44 AM

Re: PDF, another issue I managed to solve in this context: If PDFs do not print anymore in Safari, it can be fixed by re-installing Adobe Reader (with Web Plugin). I hope this helps.

2 replies

Safari 12.1 not opening print window (SOLVED)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.