Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes app says wrong password, but passsword is correct

I'm trying to lock a new note but either macbook and iphone Notes apps are saying Notes password is wrong, when I enter this pass in old locked notes, I can unlock them, and yesterday was the last day I locked a note (with the same password and I can unlock it, but no new notes since today)

I dont have two step verification process, and didn't do any changes in settings in icloud.

I dont know what to do

also Face ID worked yesterday but today dont, and entering manually the pass works!

In iOS settings/note/password, I'm trying to change it but says this password is not correct, how can be this when I can use it for the notes locked before today???

I use a special formula for passwords, is impossible to forget one, and if I accidentally change one, this would be the same as before! as I do always same maths

thanks

iPhone 11

Posted on Nov 17, 2019 6:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2019 8:53 AM

hi, I could reset Notes password, I used the same as before, so old locked notes and new ones works with the same pass (obviously here is a software bug, very important as is related to password/protected information)

reset password as says here

https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/86106/icloud-says-password-is-wrong-even-though-i-know-its-right

17 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2019 8:53 AM in response to A. Stradford

hi, I could reset Notes password, I used the same as before, so old locked notes and new ones works with the same pass (obviously here is a software bug, very important as is related to password/protected information)

reset password as says here

https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/86106/icloud-says-password-is-wrong-even-though-i-know-its-right

Nov 18, 2019 7:38 PM in response to guguii

guguii Said:

"Notes app says wrong password, but passsword is correct"

-------

Report this as a Bug to Apple.

As you mentioned above: it seems to be a bug. It is affecting 3 other discussion forum users thus far (as of this reply).

So, do your part: Report this as a bug to Apple. That way, they can know what is gong on. They may or may not get back to you on this. But, the more they know what issues are occurring, then more they will know what to fix, and how to meet their customers' needs.

Reporting this to Apple:

Nov 20, 2019 12:17 PM in response to Epix09

Solution to Notes Password Issue:

Please pass on ......talked to Apple Support and this is what has to be done to resolve this issue.

1. Go to 'Reset' password....NOT 'Change' password.
  2. Reset...when prompted put in your iCloud/ Apple password to proceed
  3. Reset password ...... I chose to use a new password with at least 6 didgets (or letters/symbols) per Johns advice above.
  4. When you get this to work and go to open one of your 'old' locked notes it will ask if you want to Reset all 'old' notes to the new password.
  5. Write down and store NEW password!
  6. Pass this on to others you may have been following or communicating with....

Nov 17, 2019 7:44 PM in response to guguii

Guguii,

Same issue here. On phone with Apple support yesterday (Nov 16th).....couldn't figure out what the problem was...re-installed OS Catalina....issue is still present (MBPro, iPad Pro, iPhone 6s)....been searching these forums for some solution. Please post back if you come up with anything.....I will follow your (and similar ) posts I've found this evening. I have my Notes password written down in a book and when I try to lock a 'New' note it asks for my "iCloud' password .....which is new behavior and it STILL doesn't accept my Notes or iCloud password! Please reply if you've found anything since your original post. Thanks...

Nov 19, 2019 3:23 PM in response to guguii

Same here! My locked notes work with the password I set. But any new notes as of today won’t lock and say wrong password! But I can still lock and unlock my other notes that already had a password on them since yesterday!

Also, does anyone else have the “enter your password” bubble randomly pop up on your phone a couples times a day?? I never had issues until ios13.

Notes app says wrong password, but passsword is correct

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.