Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"The installer information on the recovery server is damaged"

when i'm installing macOs Sierra it prompt me that "The installer information on the recovery server is damaged",what can i do for this"

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 17, 2019 5:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2019 4:03 PM

In case anyone comes across this later, I had the same issue. Turns out if you just do ⌘-R on reboot, Internet Recovery will try to install the last MacOS that you had installed. But if you already formatted the hard drive, it wont be able to find the setup files it needs to install that MacOS version. I assume. What worked for me: Hold down Option-⌘-R on reboot instead, to install the latest MacOS. For reference: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204904

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2019 4:03 PM in response to i_rina

In case anyone comes across this later, I had the same issue. Turns out if you just do ⌘-R on reboot, Internet Recovery will try to install the last MacOS that you had installed. But if you already formatted the hard drive, it wont be able to find the setup files it needs to install that MacOS version. I assume. What worked for me: Hold down Option-⌘-R on reboot instead, to install the latest MacOS. For reference: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204904

Nov 20, 2019 10:50 AM in response to hikam176

Hi hikam176,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand you are running into an alert while attempting to update to macOS Sierra. I am happy to help.

This issue is typically caused by security certificates that are set to expire. To update these certificates and the macOS, you'll need to boot into Internet Recovery to reinstall macOS. Please find the steps in this article: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support and use Shift-Option-⌘-R to boot into Internet Recovery. Then, choose the option to reinstall macOS.

If you run into any issues from there on out, feel free to reach back out with an update on your issue.

Regards.

"The installer information on the recovery server is damaged"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.