Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store won't update apps. Both my iPad and my iMac are affected.

App Store is failing update apps. Several apps show that an update is available, but tapping or clicking "update" fails to update them. At first the "update" buttons turn into the updating circle, but within one second the update buttons reappear. I have signed out of iCloud and App Store and signed in again but that does not resolve the trouble. Rebooting does not resolve the trouble. I tried to update each app individually but that does not resolve the trouble. I went to the apps' pages and tried to update them from there but that does not resolve the trouble. I can download new apps, but I cannot update apps.

iPad Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 17, 2019 5:30 PM

2 replies

Nov 19, 2019 8:44 AM in response to EternalBliss

I too have had this problem for 2 days. It started on the afternoon of November 17th. I can install new apps. And if i check the app store every so often, it will find new apps to update. Used to be 4 now i am up to 13. Restarting the phone does not help. This is not the first time this has happened to me, and from experience it goes away and works again after a few days or a week, but for now I cannot update any apps.

One thing i notice is that usually i get a date when the update was posted. I do not see that on the apps waiting to update, only on the ones that already updated a few days ago.

App Store won't update apps. Both my iPad and my iMac are affected.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.