Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disney Plus Airplay Apple TV

Hello,

I have both 3rd & 4th generation Apple TV's and I'm able to Airplay Netflix, Crave and Prime from my phone or IPAD. However, I get an error message when trying to Airplay Disney Plus on both generation Apple TV's.

I'm able to download the app on the newer Apple TV, but as we cannot load the app on the 3rd generation, I was hoping to Airplay it.

It's not an internet connection as the other streaming services work fine through Airplay.

Any suggestions? Thank you.

Apple TV 4, tvOS 12

Posted on Nov 18, 2019 7:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2019 6:01 AM

I'm having the exact same problem. It's so frustrating because it was actually working for me just two days ago, then today it started showing the error. Yesterday it showed the error twice and then worked on the third time. Today it's just not working at all. Kinda sad.

27 replies

Dec 19, 2019 1:07 PM in response to JCDCalgary

It is a Disney Plus issue and not Apple but good luck finding anyone overthere who can understand or help. I have this problem with AIRPLAY and with the ipad to hdmi adapter. Both on with a pro with the USB adapter and with the iPad using the lightning to hdmi adapter just with Disney plus. Also it is not all content on Disney plus. ALL STAR WARS get the error in this situation. Not marvel or other movies. I have not done an exhaustive check but someone should. I've tried to talk to Disney Plus help to at least encourage them if they are going to treat content differently on the platform that it should be communicated with customers. It is not currently.

Feb 10, 2020 11:27 AM in response to JCDCalgary

Hello I just finished a conversation with Disney+ help line. I was having the same issue and they told me that in order to play your downloaded videos to a larger screen you still need to have a Wifi connection in order to play them.

I am not able to test this solution on my property unfortunately as I don't have access to unlimited internet. But I hope this information helps others.

Feb 18, 2020 8:07 PM in response to JCDCalgary

Had the same problem.

It seems to work between my iPhone 8 (iOS 13.3.1) and my Apple TV 3rd gen this way :

Use Disney+ App on my iPhone to try to mirror something.

Get error message 83.

Open Apple TV app on my iPhone

With Disney+ app associated to Apple Tv app (check setting :click on your face icon), find Disney+ content and click on wanted Disney+ show/episode/movie.

Voilà !

Mar 23, 2020 9:52 PM in response to Sdeta

I’m using my iPad and I think I have the 3rd gen Apple TV. It was working fine even with my downloads before...it was still air playing. After some updates with my Apple TV, that’s when it started showing that error message or it won’t screen mirror anymore. I tried it with my Hulu and Netflix and they’re air playing just fine. So, I tried playing movies that I did not download in Disney+ and noticed that it worked. Went back to my downloaded movies and air played Frozen II, it was showing that error message again. So, I deleted that movie in my download list and air played it again and it worked. I use VPN developed by Luni. It’s pricey compared to other VPNs that’s why I’m looking for better alternative that works just as good but not too expensive coz it’s only good for 1 device.

Disney Plus Airplay Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.