Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can I not download macOS catalinia 10.15

Posted on Nov 18, 2019 7:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2019 8:05 AM

If you are running a version of OS X prior to Mavericks (10.9), then you cannot download Catalina from the Mac App Store. If your Mac fails to meet the hardware requirements for Catalina, that would be another reason. If your hard drive is nearly exhausted and a full download of Catalina would fail, that is another reason. Attempting to download Catalina while signed into the Mac App Store with an Apple ID different than associated with the current operating system would be another reason.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2019 8:05 AM in response to mpg56

If you are running a version of OS X prior to Mavericks (10.9), then you cannot download Catalina from the Mac App Store. If your Mac fails to meet the hardware requirements for Catalina, that would be another reason. If your hard drive is nearly exhausted and a full download of Catalina would fail, that is another reason. Attempting to download Catalina while signed into the Mac App Store with an Apple ID different than associated with the current operating system would be another reason.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.