Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Someone icloud locked my son's iphone 6. The Apple ID they used is gotyou@yahoo.com. I am trying to sell the phone but can not set it up due to their icloud lock. My son knows multiple people who had their phones locked while at a party in chicago.

Doesn't Apple track when dozens of people had their phones icloud locked by a know hacker? Hacker's Apple ID was gotyou@yahoo.com. I bought the phone years ago and do not have a receipt. Thank you in advance for any advice.

iPhone 6

Posted on Nov 18, 2019 2:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2019 3:01 PM

Your son must have allowed the hacker access to the phone for this to happen. As you don't have the purchase documents it's very unlikely that Apple will unlock it for you (and there is no other way) but you've nothing to lose by asking.

2 replies

Someone icloud locked my son's iphone 6. The Apple ID they used is gotyou@yahoo.com. I am trying to sell the phone but can not set it up due to their icloud lock. My son knows multiple people who had their phones locked while at a party in chicago.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.