Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i was given an iPad from someone who has died, no password nothing can i get it to work

i have a used ipad4 from someone deceased and no password how can i activate it.

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi, Cellular

Posted on Nov 18, 2019 3:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2019 4:03 PM

Hello,

The iPad is locked with Activation Lock. There is no way around unlocking Activation Lock without inserting the device’s associated Apple ID. Since this is not an option for you then you will need to find the original purchase receipt. You would then need the executor of the deceased's estate to take the device and receipt to an Apple retail location. Then and only then will Apple unlock Activation Lock.

Activation Lock

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2019 4:03 PM in response to RichardCory

Hello,

The iPad is locked with Activation Lock. There is no way around unlocking Activation Lock without inserting the device’s associated Apple ID. Since this is not an option for you then you will need to find the original purchase receipt. You would then need the executor of the deceased's estate to take the device and receipt to an Apple retail location. Then and only then will Apple unlock Activation Lock.

Activation Lock

i was given an iPad from someone who has died, no password nothing can i get it to work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.