Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get my iPhone to not link to my Mac? I thought I had it unlinked but my text messages and phone calls will show up on my computer

How to I get my iPhone information to not link to my Mac.

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 18, 2019 5:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2019 6:37 PM

Right click on any item in the dock, choose Options/Remove from Dock.

Your apps would be open if you had checked "reopen windows when logging in" when you shut down or restarted your Mac. Uncheck that before shutting down and only startup items would load.

9 replies

Nov 18, 2019 5:55 PM in response to Clkramer1

Clkramer1 wrote:

I changed the settings on my iPhone, but when I log out of my Mac And log back in, my contacts, FaceTime and messages automatically pop up on the screen.
How do I get this to stop?

First, it’s hard to imagine what “automatically pop up on the screen” means. Surely you don’t mean that literally- out of the blue, these things appear.

Secondly, these items are unrelated to your original post. The remedy rbrylawski and I provided is a “from now on” remedy. It does not deal with previous events.

Nov 18, 2019 6:04 PM in response to sberman

sorry for the confusion, I’m just having a hard time explaining it. When I log into my computer, my contacts, FaceTime and message apps would be open, without me doing anything. I have been playing around with different settings and they no longer are open when I log in, but I’m trying to get them removed off of my dock.

How do I get my iPhone to not link to my Mac? I thought I had it unlinked but my text messages and phone calls will show up on my computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.