Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emails not deleting from Exchange inbox

Hello,

I am having a strange issue with an Exchange account I run through the Mail app on my iMac. I have two emails in my inbox that I have tried to delete several times, but they will not disappear from my inbox. Each time I try to either delete the email or move it to a folder, an error message pops up saying, "The message -X- could not be moved to the mailbox -X-. The specified object was not found in the store., The process failed to get the correct properties." The emails have now appeared in the inbox for 16 days. Is there anyway to get rid of them permanently? They do not appear in my mail app on my iPhone. I am running Catalina version 10.15.1.

Thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 18, 2019 5:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2020 8:50 AM

Hi,

I had this issue too. I was trying to delete some emails and my internet connection was not reliable, so I ended up with some emails that appeared in my folder, but I couldn't delete. I followed the instructions on: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/mail/mlhlp1227/mac to rebuild the index for the mailbox with my problematic emails and then I was able to delete the messages without problem.

hope this helps,

Francesca

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2020 8:50 AM in response to cbryant55

Hi,

I had this issue too. I was trying to delete some emails and my internet connection was not reliable, so I ended up with some emails that appeared in my folder, but I couldn't delete. I followed the instructions on: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/mail/mlhlp1227/mac to rebuild the index for the mailbox with my problematic emails and then I was able to delete the messages without problem.

hope this helps,

Francesca

Emails not deleting from Exchange inbox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.