Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reinstalling of origina app that came with phone

hi. i am trying to reinstall an original app that came with the phone "file" but it just gives me an error. please help

Posted on Nov 19, 2019 4:46 AM

1 reply

Nov 21, 2019 7:44 PM in response to Frequence

Hi Frequence,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're trying to redownload the Files app to your iPhone but you're seeing an error when you attempt to do so. I know it's important to be able to remove and redownload apps to your iPhone; I'd like to help. I'd recommend starting with the steps and information in this resource: If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or other Apple device

Next, verify you're using these steps to redownload the app:

"Restore a built-in app that you deleted

1. On your iOS or iPadOS device, go to the App Store.
    2. Search for the app. Make sure that you use the exact name of the app. Find the correct name of built-in apps.
    3. Tap  to restore the app.
    4. Wait for the app to restore, then open it from your Home screen."

Delete built-in Apple apps on your iOS 12, iOS 13, or iPadOS device or Apple Watch

If you continue to have trouble, can you let me know the error message you see when you attempt to redownload the app?

Best Regards.

Reinstalling of origina app that came with phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.