Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina -HP Easy Scan failure

When I updated to Catalina, everything worked well except HP Easy Scan which no longer functions. Is there new software I can download, or is there something coming soon?

I scan all the time, and this is a major problem for my business.

MacBook Pro 13", OS X 10.10

Posted on Nov 19, 2019 11:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2019 11:56 AM

Contact HP about your particular MFP scanner support issue. We are fellow users and have no idea which, or when HP will provide Catalina compatible scan support for your anonymous device model.

You may try Apple's Preview and Image Capture utilities with your scanner, and if you are short on patience with HP, you might consider checking if the paid, non-subscription, 64-bit VueScan supports your scanner model without need for any HP software or drivers.

I have owned VueScan Professional since 2010 and have never paid for a software upgrade. The VueScan vendor does not compensate, or otherwise provide any benefit to me for suggesting their product.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2019 11:56 AM in response to 219Jamet

Contact HP about your particular MFP scanner support issue. We are fellow users and have no idea which, or when HP will provide Catalina compatible scan support for your anonymous device model.

You may try Apple's Preview and Image Capture utilities with your scanner, and if you are short on patience with HP, you might consider checking if the paid, non-subscription, 64-bit VueScan supports your scanner model without need for any HP software or drivers.

I have owned VueScan Professional since 2010 and have never paid for a software upgrade. The VueScan vendor does not compensate, or otherwise provide any benefit to me for suggesting their product.

Nov 19, 2019 12:10 PM in response to VikingOSX

Viking OSX,

You hit it on the head. Ive lost patience with HP and I will check out VueScan, and if that does not work will shop for a compatable scanner to Catalina. I wish we didn't have so much paper to work with, but that's the world we live in and NEED to scan lots of documents. If you recommend a scanner - let me know. Meanwhile the Apple Capture works, but does not handle multiple page PDF's in an efficient manner.

Thank you.

219Jamet

Catalina -HP Easy Scan failure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.