Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen saver not working / screen distorting

Software all up to date. Screen saver won't turn on. Rather, the screen will completely distort. See attached.

iMac 21.5" 4K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 19, 2019 5:35 PM

5 replies

Nov 22, 2019 3:45 PM in response to Jdub_3d

Hi John Wallace3,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I see you're having an issue with the display on your iMac, and I'd like to do what I can to help.

Since it's just when the screen saver starts, if you change to a different one, does this continue?

How to display a screen saver on your Mac

If so, have you tried to reset the NVRAM? Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

If that doesn't resolve this, see if another user has the same issue: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

You can also give safe mode a try. Keep in mind, safe mode may make the screen flash and not look correctly.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

If none of these steps resolve the issue, then you'd want to have your iMac looked at by a technician. You can use this link to find an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider and make a reservation. Find Locations

Take a look at this article before going in: Get your Mac ready for service

Take care!

Screen saver not working / screen distorting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.