Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suddenly missing many files that were there last time I used the iPad

A bunch of files, that were there last night, are suddenly missing or moved. I haven't used the iPad between then. I'm getting pretty worried and I would really appreciate any help!

I've noticed at least two apps can't locate their files. The Notability app has a list of my notes, but can't load the actual files. The Graphic app has a list of my files with placeholder icons.

I have iCloud backup off. iCloud Drive is enabled for both those apps.

Using the Files app itself I can't find any relevant files stored on my iPad. In iCloud, I do see my Graphic files, but they won't load on the iPad.

in Settings/General/iPad Storage the storage amount used looks roughly right. Notability using 222 MB. I'm really hoping that means the files are still there...somewhere? please?

iPad Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 19, 2019 6:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2019 8:28 PM

For anyone with the same problem, updating from 13.2.2 to 13.3.3 resolved the issue for me. The files *were* still there, but for some reason the iPad couldn't find them.

I guess the lesson for me is back up all files that it would be a bummer to lose even if they aren't life or death.

Similar questions

4 replies

Suddenly missing many files that were there last time I used the iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.