Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

QuickTime Player won't record

I am trying to record from a DVI source through a Epiphan AV.io HD capture device. When I started QT Player I inadvertenly deactivated my iMac's camera and microphone. The result is that my New Movie Recording screen is grayed out and I get the message "Quicktime Player does not have access to the camera". Same for the microphone under New Audio Recording. How do I undo my camera and microphone deactivations? I don't see any preference that would allow me to change this.

I think I need to resolve this issue before I tackle the external device, which I can see in QT Player's pull-down next to the (now grayed out) record button.

Posted on Nov 19, 2019 9:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2019 10:45 PM

Fixed QuickTime Player.  > System Preferences > Security & Privacy and checked (actually re-checked) Camera and Microphone. Record button now works. Unfortunately I get nothing but a black recording from my ephiphan AV.io HD external device. Will call their tech support tomorrow.

Similar questions

1 reply

QuickTime Player won't record

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.