Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dust spots under the glass - iPad 2019 (7th)

Hi everyone, I have a question to ask. I have recently purchased my new iPad 2019 128GB. Today putting the iPad on direct light, I have noticed that under the glass there are some spot of dust. They are barely visible, but now that I've noticed, I can't ignore them anymore, especially since the product is new. Have you had the same problem with your iPad 2019? (if you want to check, the dust spot are visible even when the screen is off and the smartphone flash is on it). Do you think it's worth taking it to an Apple Store?

Thanks you.

iPad, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 20, 2019 12:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2019 12:45 PM

"Have you had the same problem?" No

"Do you think it is worth taking it to an Apple Store?" That is a decision that you need to make. No one here can be sure of what Apple will say. This is a user to user support forum and Apple does not participate here.

7 replies

Nov 21, 2019 5:25 AM in response to RochiGaming

I’ve noticed the same thing on my brand new iPad 7th gen. I’ve had it for a few days and noticed it while cleaning. The glass is a separate part from the LCD so even if you got a replacement the new one might have some dust too. I just upgraded from an iPad mini 2 I had for about 4 years and it also had a few little spots of dust under the glass, It’s not really a problem I would worry about.

Nov 21, 2019 5:35 AM in response to Keith2501

Thanks for the feedback. I was reading that other people also have the same problem on the iPad. Today Apple contacted me and told me to take it to an Apple Store to check the problem. I will go Saturday. I will sincerely see what they tell me and how they will solve the problem. Otherwise I think I'll keep it that way.

I will update you as soon as I see what they tell me about it. If other people have the same problem, they can report it here ;)

Nov 23, 2019 5:30 PM in response to Keith2501

Hi, today I went to the Apple Store after making an appointment. I showed the iPad to the support guy and he immediately noticed the problem too. Without even the slightest problem he told me that it is probably a factory problem, and he replaced it with a new one. The new one does not seem to present the problem (for the short time I was able to use it). I will test it well in the coming days.

Dust spots under the glass - iPad 2019 (7th)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.