Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Potential scam mail

Hello, I have just got the mail from AppleID, email adress (appleid@id.apple.com). This email was sent to another person on email adress (mailqueue10092-shoplifter@shopping.com). There is an attachment which I haven’t opened yet since all of this looks like some kind of scam. I hope I’ll get response soon.

I will attach screenshot of the email I got.

Posted on Nov 20, 2019 3:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2019 3:57 PM

• Apple does not send such messages. 
  • Apple does not include document, or PDF files to download.
  • Apple would not refer to you as Dear Customer, Dear Client, or anything other than the name on file for your account.
  • Apple would not have such horrible spelling or grammar. 
  • Apple would not send a message to “Undisclosed Recipients”. 

It is a phishing attempt. Do not respond. Do not divulge any personal or financial information. You can use the address below to forward the suspect email message, as an attachment to Apple.

reportphishing@apple.com

The link below has information to help identify fraudulent emails.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204759

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2019 3:57 PM in response to osmanhodzic96

• Apple does not send such messages. 
  • Apple does not include document, or PDF files to download.
  • Apple would not refer to you as Dear Customer, Dear Client, or anything other than the name on file for your account.
  • Apple would not have such horrible spelling or grammar. 
  • Apple would not send a message to “Undisclosed Recipients”. 

It is a phishing attempt. Do not respond. Do not divulge any personal or financial information. You can use the address below to forward the suspect email message, as an attachment to Apple.

reportphishing@apple.com

The link below has information to help identify fraudulent emails.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204759

Potential scam mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.