Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud drive - deleting things

Hello Apple Community,

I want to delete things from my iCloud drive and am wondering if I do so will it also delete from my computer or will it still be saved on my computer drive?

Thanks,

RebeM

Posted on Nov 21, 2019 4:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2019 10:36 AM

If you have iCloud Drive turned on in System Preferences on your Mac then any changes, including deletions, would be synced to it.

If you want to keep a file on your Mac but remove it from iCloud, simply move it to a folder on your Mac that is not synced to iCloud Drive. You can do that in Finder; first use the Finder "Go" menu to go to the iCloud Drive folder and then move the file.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2019 10:36 AM in response to RebeM

If you have iCloud Drive turned on in System Preferences on your Mac then any changes, including deletions, would be synced to it.

If you want to keep a file on your Mac but remove it from iCloud, simply move it to a folder on your Mac that is not synced to iCloud Drive. You can do that in Finder; first use the Finder "Go" menu to go to the iCloud Drive folder and then move the file.

icloud drive - deleting things

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.