Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I add an iPod to my itunes account?

iPod Shuffle (2nd Gen)

Posted on Nov 21, 2019 7:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2019 7:34 AM

Unless its an iPod Touch, you cannot, and you do not need to.

To add a device to the device list on your Apple ID, you must be able to log in to iCloud on the device itself.

Only iPod touches have this feature.

All other models of iPod cannot be added, and do not require it for anything. You can sync music and other content to them through iTunes(*) by plugging them into the computer.

You cannot "sync" Apple Music subscription music to any device. On iPod Touches you can get Apple Music tracks and albums directly from the Apple Music service in the Music app directly on the iPod.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2019 7:34 AM in response to gayleen80

Unless its an iPod Touch, you cannot, and you do not need to.

To add a device to the device list on your Apple ID, you must be able to log in to iCloud on the device itself.

Only iPod touches have this feature.

All other models of iPod cannot be added, and do not require it for anything. You can sync music and other content to them through iTunes(*) by plugging them into the computer.

You cannot "sync" Apple Music subscription music to any device. On iPod Touches you can get Apple Music tracks and albums directly from the Apple Music service in the Music app directly on the iPod.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.