Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard and Trackpad Not Working

I was in the middle of watching YouTube when an ad popped up and in the middle of watching the ad, it said something by the lines of “If the playback doesn’t continue, try restarting your device”. This has happened to me a couple of times so I was used to it, but this time my keyboard, trackpad and Bluetooth mouse wasn’t working, so I forced my MacBook to shut down using command + option + control + power button I believe.

When I turned my MacBook on shortly after that, my trackpad and keyboard weren’t working and the cursor was stuck on the top left corner of my screen. I have tried resetting the SMC and the PRAM but everything was still the same. On one occasion, I tried resetting the SMC but I didn’t realise the fact that my MacBook was asleep and not shut down. I clicked shift + control + option then my MacBook woke up, I moved my finger around the trackpad and the cursor moved for a few seconds until it froze again. I’ve tried doing that again but it never worked.

I can charge my devices using my MacBook, my MacBook charges perfectly fine and I just found out that my Bluetooth mouse still works but my keyboard and trackpad still does not work. The only button that works is the power button.

Thank you in advance for any help given!

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 23, 2019 1:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2019 3:38 AM

I have contacted Apple support and they recommended me to go to the Apple store to get it checked.

Similar questions

1 reply

Keyboard and Trackpad Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.