Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get BusyCal to sync with Calendar on OS 10.15.1?

Just upgraded to Catalina and now BusyCal won't sync with Calendar (Been using BusyCal fro at least 15 years). To add an iCloud account, BusyCal wants a 19 digit specific password to enter my iCloud account. The procedures provided don't seem to apply to Catalina - I couldn't find anywhere to generate that app-specific password. I did find a note that said Apple no longer supports (with MacOS 10.15) 3d party apps linking with email; however, I want it to just link with BusyCal. Any thoughts?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 23, 2019 8:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2019 9:21 AM

Hi Jeff Stephens,

Thanks for the post. It sounds like you're looking for information on how to generate an app-specific password so you can use a third-party app with Calendar on your Mac.

You should be able to generate an app-specific password using the steps in the following link: Using app-specific passwords. Give this a try to see if it helps.

Take care.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2019 9:21 AM in response to Jeff Stephens

Hi Jeff Stephens,

Thanks for the post. It sounds like you're looking for information on how to generate an app-specific password so you can use a third-party app with Calendar on your Mac.

You should be able to generate an app-specific password using the steps in the following link: Using app-specific passwords. Give this a try to see if it helps.

Take care.

How can I get BusyCal to sync with Calendar on OS 10.15.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.